1. The applicant shall submit the application documents including the Application for Production Permit for Seed of Agricultural Genetically Modified Products (“Application”) to local seed administration facilities under the provinical authorities in charge of agricultural issues. The provincial authorities shall, after onsite inspection, sign and seal on the Application with advice and submit a formal report to the Department of Crops and Plants Administration under the Ministry of Agriculture.
2. The Department of Crops and Plants Administration will organize a professional team to review the application documents and provide their advice.
3. For the applications approved by the Ministry of Agriculture, Production Permit of Seed of Agricutural Genetically Modified Products will be issued. An official document will be sent to the provincial authorities, and the approval will be announced on the Farmer Daily and the China seed information network. For those unapproved, a written notice will be sent to the provincial authorities stating the reasons for denial and a copy will be made to the applicant.
Relevant Laws and Regulations
1. Seed Law of the People’s Republic of China
2. Regulation on the Safety Management of Agricultural Genetically Modified Organism
3. Regulation on the Production and Operation Permit of Seed of Agricultural Products
1. Place of production: to be determined within the limit of the planting area as specified in the Safety Certificate of Agricultural Genetically Modified Organism
2. Validity of Certificate: The Certificate is usually valid for 3 years. If the duration of validity is less than 3 years, it shall be subject to the expiration date specified on the Certificate.
3. Scope of production: to be determined in accordance with the species and varieties as specified in the approved application. The name and variety of the crop shall be clearly stated.